Instead of thinking that the landlords managing agent is always right when they invoice your next quarterly service charge have a look at the following list of simple errors that this firm has identified and corrected on behalf of occupier clients.
- Charging a tenant for service charge ABOVE the capped amount specified in the lease.
- Invoicing for costs that relate to well BEFORE or AFTER the lease began.
- Including in the budget or year end reconciliation costs that are expressly EXCLUDED in the lease.
- Charging the wrong PERCENTAGE share of costs.
- Not allocating costs to the correct expense SCHEDULE.
- Including costs from a completely different and unrelated PROPERTY.
- Arithmetical ERRORS.
- Charging for costs that the tenant derives no BENEFIT from.
So before you pay your next SERVICE CHARGE check your lease and check the calculations to ensure that you are not needlessly over paying and if in doubt get and touch with us.