Service Charge Code – How to check the percentage
Feb 4, 2014 … The first two editions of this RICS Code of Practice set a marker for the standards of management required in commercial property. Endorsed by …
10 things a business occupier can do to check whether their service charge percentage is correct.
- All lettable areas are included in the apportionment matrix.
- Income generating activities contribute a fair share.
- Floor areas are correct.
- The basis is correct.
- The method of measurement e.g IPMS3.
- For a capped percentage in the lease.
- Different schedules to reflect different use.
- How costs are split between schedules.
- Whether weighting is appropriate.
- The arithmetic.
Further reading: The RICS service charge code of practice commercial property. 3rd edition