Property Management Basics:
To have the best chance of leasing your clients vacant commercial property it is important to get the basics right.
At a minimum prospective tenants require the following :
- Copy of the EPC, periodic electrical test reports, asbestos report/management plan, legionella/water testing.
- Details of connectivity /utilities i.e. does the property benefit from separately metered electricity, gas, water, fibre, broadband?
- Details of the Rateable value and Business rates payable.
- Permitted use and planning and listed building consent(s).
- Security details such as CCTV, security guarding, intruder alarm, security lighting, security codes, access arrangements.
- Heating regime, shared or separate boiler, air conditioning or comfort cooling.
- Fire alarm details, testing reports and other fire prevention measures and property management risk assessments.
- Accessibility, DDA, parking access and emergency escape arrangements.
- Precise extent of the demised premises and full details of the common parts and shared services.
- Details of Landlords Insurance and any headlease and associated obligations.